That's the title of our most recently purchased motorcycle book and I think we will need its advice as we pack for the upcoming training trip.
The hunt for ultra lightweight items is ongoing and occasionally successful. Seems to me that nobody much thinks short, old, fat women are out there riding motorcycles or doing anything the remotest bit athletic, anything that might require wicking clothing or longjohns. What do the clothing manufacturers think we all do? I know, sit in our rockers and knit and feed our cats, watch tv and eat bon-bons.
Well, not this old lady.
Although we'll only be gone 4 days, we're packing as if we were making our big trip. We want to see if we can actually squeeze everything we need into our motorcycle luggage. The funny thing is the difference between what Susan thinks is "needed and necessary" and what Ray thinks is "needed and necessary". How 2 people who are going the same places on similar transportation can find such different necessaries is a puzzle to me. I do take comfort in knowing that should anything go wrong, Ray will surely have whatever tool or part is needed to fix whatever goes wrong. I just hope he has room for clothing in amongst all the tools as I think he'll get an awful sunburn otherwise.
Last night we got the static cling paint protector plastered on Wrex's sides and while it doesn't look all that elegant, most of it will be hidden by the saddlebags which would otherwise rub the paint. Hanging bags off Wrex's hips is no easy proposition, but we think we've got them mounted securely. I reckon we will find out soon enough.
2 comments:
I'm trying this dastardly blog one more time. If this one fails despite the instructions of a "married to a Geek" sister, I'm done with it.
I think I see the error of your plan. The "extra wheels" you purchased for this trip are the wrong ones, they should have been motorhome wheels!
Read the book again.
Brother Bear
Ray says he'd have gone with motorhome wheels........he met some spousal resistance
Post a Comment