Tuesday afternoon Ray went down to The Garage and with Jason's occasional assistance and Jason's tools, installed the new master brake cylinder and bled the lines. That was indeed the problem with the brakes. All is well again. Wrex stops the way he should. On a dime. On half a dime. Right quick.
Today, Ray will stop by The Garage after work and connect the brake light wires, which he forgot to do Tuesday, and the Wrex will come home. Ray has filled up our garage with stuff, so I don't know where Wrex is going to park, as his spot has been taken over by Ray's junk. You know how stuff expands to fill empty spaces? Yup. Especially in Ray's garage. Maybe especially around Ray. Ever see his desk?
Yesterday was a spectacular sunny day...the croci are up and blooming...a tad chilly...48 degrees at 3:15 pm when I left to drive downtown for a short visit with our hard working Financial Advisor. Bless you Sean, for guiding us so well through this crazy time. Driving around in all that sun made me eager for the riding season to start. I was jealous of every biker I saw, for the first time this year. It's been so cold and miserable that I've been grateful for the warm dry shelter of my boxy ol' beloved mini-van and felt extreme pity for the cold wet guys on bikes. Ever notice that it's alway cold, frozen, wet MEN on bikes and never cold, frozen, wet WOMEN?
But today it is supposed to be 55 degrees and as of now, it's still sunny. Ray and Wrex should have a nice ride home. Got to be today, as Saturday begins a week's worth of rain. O well, at least it's not going to snow.
4 comments:
Yes, I'm jealous too.
Did Wrex indeed come home? How did that trip go? Why was the Doctor so remiss?
The weather here today is very spring-like and tomorrow is supposed to be spectacular. Some say 70 degrees. If I can get my battery charged and back in the bike I just might ride to work tomorrow!
Wrex came home on Friday and we rode out to supper. I nearly froze to death as it was a mere 53 degrees when we left home and colder than that on the ride back.
Jason is very busy at the garage, as Jim has had surgery and has not been able to work. It will be several more weeks before Jason has any help. He and Jim are the only full-timers. Plus he's been working a weekend job again. And he's got to keep his girlfriend happy, so you can see he's busy.
Did you ride to work today?
Glad that Wrex is home. 53 degrees is balmy and wonderful riding weather. You madam are a sissy.
You asked a while back about first rides. My first ride will be to the bike doctor for a new set of tires. Last fall I picked up a piece of metal that punctured my rear tire. Seeing as how the doctor will not patch the tire, I have to buy a new one and that becomes two because my tires have been discontinued and are no longer in stock, anywhere. So, my first ride of the season will cost me $600.
O, good grief! that's alot of money. You'd better amortize that amount and then you won't feel so bad.
Post a Comment