Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sidecar Update

My sidecar body has been made.

The frame is finished and was delivered to the shop today.

The parts to connect the sidecar to the scooter are finished.

It won't be long now!

And yet, it's taking soooooo long.

I've wasted so much good weather waiting, waiting, waiting.

Soon, it will all be over and we'll be riding again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! Cannot wait for the pictures of Normy in the sidecar. haha...

~leanne

Unknown said...

To make a sidecar more quickly, here is a recipe (though I'm surprised you're interested).

1 1/2 oz. Brandy
1/2 oz. Triple Sec
1/2 oz. Lemon or Lime Juice


Combine all the ingredients in a shaker filled with ice, shake well and strain into a cocktail glass.

Brother Bear said...

I'm not sure yet, but, I think I like Jimbo's sidecar better.

Ray and Susan said...

Normie is planning on riding in the sidecar. We have to measure him for Doggles. I will post pics if he decides he likes it.

LOL Jim! I wish a motorcycle sidecar was that quick. But if I had one of your sidecars, I surely could not drive my motorcycle safely. It's been so long, it would probably go straight to killing off my remaining brain cells.

Honestly, I didn't even know there was a drink called sidecar...or I had forgotten...those missing brain cells again...

Unknown said...

I've ridden in a sidecar fairly often when I visited the Philippines--and the image of me getting in and out of those is quite comical. The trips down the crowded and busy and noisy and chaotic streets of those cities go much better and at a lower anxiety level when several sidecars are consumed before being seated in the sidecar.

Ray and Susan said...

Any kind of vehicular travel in the PI goes better after consumption of numerous alcholic drinks, providing one is not piloting said vehicle. Manila traffic is truly terrifying.