Saturday, September 5, 2009

Details and Plans



Here are some interesting things from our trip last weekend. At least I think they are interesting. I've added an elevation profile from the GPS track of our Sunday trip. It starts on the coast. If you look close you will notice it starts at about 100 ft. Pacific Beach Resort is on a high bluff overlooking the ocean. We did a lot of hill climbing, we got to almost 1200 ft. Most of the rise didn't seem that noticeable. On Saturday's trip we didn't get as high as the route was closer to the coast. Here's the Google Map link if you want to look at the route we took on Sunday. You can zoom in and really see the twisties. We went 214 miles from PacBeach to the Kingston ferry landing then another 4 from the Edmonds ferry landing to home. But the last part hardly counts for anything. Saturday's trip was 248 miles.

As you read in Susan's entry it was a great time. We are planning a longer trip next weekend. I have some credit time I have to use before it expires and I lose it. So we though we would get a long ride in before the end of the good riding season here. It's already starting to rain some. It was coming down pretty hard this morning when I got up. We're glad we didn't plan anything for this weekend. We've got two possible routes depending on the weather, one down I5 and one out I90/I84 to eastern Oregon and Idaho. We are going to test our endurance on the super slab the first day. Then go through either Hell's Canyon National Recreation Area or Crater Lake. We plan to leave on Friday and return on Monday.

4 comments:

Brother Bear said...

I'll have to say that this is impressive. It's detailed and engaging. Must have been Ray's posting. :-)

Ray and Susan said...

Oh, you finally got here.

Yes, it's detailed. Yes, it was Ray. He's in charge of details I'm in charge of yak.

Are you implying my postings are not "engaging"? Thanks so much, Brother.

Brother Bear said...

What? Engaging Chicken postings? Surely you jest.

No, you write very well and always have. But CHICKENS?! :-0

Ray and Susan said...

But I like chickens. Two or three may become part of our yard. If I think it's interesting, I'll write about it. if you don't like chicken adventures, skip those. Although i don't know there will be any chicken adventures. ray is still not convinced.