Friday morning we leave on a 4 day trip to the dry side of the state.
We're going to do at least one superslab day, partly to see how far we can get without being exhausted. It's research for our Grand Tour. We'll cross the mountains on I-90 and travel the interstates all day.
It's Norman's first 4-day trip and I hope he wants to get in the sidecar on the 3rd and 4th days. I'm a tad worried about the sun beating down on him all day. Can you put sunblock on dogs?
Hell's Canyon is a good motorcycle road, full of squiggles, but no rest areas and no gas stations. Planning will be required to negotiate the Canyon without mishap.
I may take the computer and make postings each evening, I haven't decided quite yet. If I don't take it, our next posting probably will be Tuesday.
It's gonna be warm over there, around 91, probably warmer in Hell's Canyon. After all, you can't expect it to be a cold day in any place named after Hell. We've been to Hell once before, on Grand Cayman Island. There's actually a place there named Hell. It has rough, rough ground with crusty black spires sticking up out of the ground in bunches and it's hot there too.
3 comments:
Oh, now this looks like fun! I know you can put sunblock on a pig, but I don't know about a dog. A shade of some sort would probably be better.
This is a genuine trip and is a big step. I hope everybody is up for it. If Norm tires of the sidecar you can't ship him home!
Enjoy your adventure!
We've taken 4 day trips before, but not with Norman. It's a real test of Norman. I don't know quite what we'll do if he doesn't want to ride the 3rd or 4th days. Stuff him in anyway I suppose. And try to keep him happy the first two days.
We have a clamp-on umbrella we can cover him with when we're stopped, but we don't have any sort of cover for while we're going, except for the tonneau cover and I think he'd die of the heat snapped under the tonneau.
I hope we do enjoy!
A light colored, maybe even mesh tonneau cover might work.
Post a Comment