Monday, December 7, 2009

Doctor Day

Today we both go to our respective doctors.

I came home with more medications, to try and kick this hack attack business to the curb at last.

Ray goes to the eye specialist this afternoon. He may need another eye-stick, which is why I need to go too. Downtown traffic! One of my favorite things. (Not!)

Then for supper, we're going with our Family Home Evening Group to Applebee's for Christmas Dinner. Yeah, I know. Eating AGAIN.

It's cold for here, staying below freezing all day long. I left the kitchen and bathroom cabinets open overnight so the pipes wouldn't freeze solid.

Time to unhook the motorhome and move south. If only we had a motorhome.

7 comments:

Brother Bear said...

First, best wishes to Ray and to you on getting well and being well.

Second, food is good! You need food to live.

Third, I'm concerned that the only thing you can make for dinner is reservations. Your Diva-ness is showing.

Fourth, South?! You can't stand South. Besides it never gets cold in Seattle and it doesn't rain all the time. YEAH RIGHT!

Ray and Susan said...

First, Ray is doing well, although the hole is not completely healed yet, it's very, very small. He's to go back in 6 weeks for a check. I'm working on getting all better.

Second, yes indeedy.

Third, I made beef stroganoff for supper tonight. With asparagus.

Fourth, I like the Southwest very much, just not in the summer. It isn't supposed to be cold in Seattle, but this morning it was 19 degrees. Brrr! It has not rained in days. It's been sunny and beautiful. And cold.

Brother Bear said...

Good on all counts!

Ray and Susan said...

Makes up for tonight, when I probably won't be cooking....I think we're going to Papa John's Pizza to buy a pizza and support the 4 fallen police officers from Lakewood. Papa John's is donating all the proceeds to the fund for the 9 kids.

TJ said...

Is this when you say "Oh no, this is really unusual weather for Seattle!" for the 7th year in a row?

Brother Bear said...

Thank you TJ. I told Susan 10 years ago that I'd read an report from one of the Washington State Universities that the state was entering a 75 year cycle of bad weather. Susan has scoffed and sneered at me ever since. Perhaps a 7 year track record will change her mind, but I doubt it!

Ray and Susan said...

I can tell you that when we moved here in the mid 1980s that this current spate of freezing weather was indeed most unusual.

And mayhap I've declared unusualness for 7 years.

But I do not believe that 7 wierd winters are evidence of a 75 year Bad Weather Cycle. I still sneer.