Saturday turned into a beautifully warm day, so we started up the bikes after a thorough T-Clocking (some lowish tires which Ray filled) and headed to the park 'n ride for some parking lot practice. We were rusty after being off the bikes for so long, especially me. I think we spent near an hour in the lot, practicing quick stops, turns, turns from a stop, swerves, tight circles, etc. It was fun!
After that, we decided to take a ride, so we drove down Richmond Beach Road to the Sound, and back up the hill and then over to Edmonds and home on Highway 99. Not a long ride, but with the PLP beforehand, we were tired enough to call it done.
My ceps hurt, both bi and tri. Wow, I really need to hit those weights some more. Turning that sidecar rig is no easy thing. It takes strength. My hands were a bit sore, as were Rays. Our butts are not ready for a long day in the saddle either. I see plenty of rides between now and the time we leave on The Grand Adventure! I was reminded that there are plenty of lousy drivers out there. It seems that is the case more and more.
But o, golly, was it ever nice to be back out on the bikes again. The Sound and mountains were beautiful in the bright sunshine. The flowing cherries and plums and the early magnolias are all in full bloom along with daffodils and narcissus. This is a lovely time of year in Bestern Washington.
So, until it warms up in your part of the country, keep your chin up and look through the curve!
2 comments:
Hey, that's great! I'm so Jealous. But I'll be riding soon.
As for the ceps and glutes, yeah, work on those will ya, you're gonna need 'em!
I'm working, I'm working!
Post a Comment