Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Curving in the Sunshine

Yesterday was warm and sunny, about 76 when we left for supper on our motorcycles. So beautiful and not too hot when moving. My helmet felt like a clamp, though. Rather wear one than not, even if it wasn't state law to wear a helmet.

We motored south to the regular Monday place, the famous Taco Bell, where we indulged in non-mexican tasty food. For a change they got the order right. It's been a rough couple of weeks there, as they once more got rid of all the old staff and got in new ones. But after 3 weeks, they got it down at last.

Then we motored south some more, stopped in at the Grocery Outlet, where they did not have what I am looking for, and at the Dollar Store, where they had Ray's favorite cookies and cheap sunglasses for me. Then we just rode around and found some curvy roads and practiced some. We didn't go far, but we really enjoyed the ride.

Clouds moved in and it dropped about 10 degrees in an hour, the rain started about 11, and today it is still rainy and chilly. It's probably the only place in the entire country that's not dying of heat. I LOVE the weather here. (sometimes)

I bought a cookbook that has recipes for freeze-dried and dehydrated items stuffed into quart jars and vacuumed packed. Each recipe makes enough for several people for dinner. It's a neat idea and a way to have "instant" food on hand when time or ideas are in short supply. Yesterday I found a web site with more ideas for jarred dinners so I am pleased at that. It's always good to have such things on hand. I'm trying a new crockpot recipe today, a simple chili recipe. We'll see how that turns out.

There's a library staff meeting tonight and I'd love to take a little nap, but probably won't have a chance for that. I hate meetings, they are usually such a waste of time. That nasty check engine light came on again this morning, and I just got the thing back from The Mechanic, aka Kitchen Man #1. I guess it will have to go back.

We've decided to try to borrow a trailer from a nephew and trailer Ray's bike to the sidecar rally. I'll ride mine and he'll drive the mh. It will save us $1100 if we can borrow that trailer instead of having to rent one. I was choking on that 11 grand, let me tell you!

Tomorrow, a luxe appointment, I get a pedicure! Ah, heavenly hour!

7 comments:

Brother Bear said...

Yikes! More words. Oh my.

Brother Bear said...

Right now I think I'd rather be you. Wow, are you having the time! Motorhoming, partying, feasting and now motorcycling. My bike is still in the garage not yet summerized.

Thanks for all the great stories!

Weena Barie said...

I think that I would like to hear more about the jarred dinner ideas; this sounds really cool.
And, of course.....I LOVE Taco Bell. :) Yummm...makes me want to go out and get a Chulupa. :)

Brother Bear said...

Jarred dinners? Kinda sounds like the Mason Jar version of Dinty Moore Stew. Spam Salad any one? Derby Tamales come in a jar and they're good. Shoot, anything can be "canned". As kids we pretty much canned every fruit, vegetable and pickle know to man.

Stewed tomatoes, I hate those things still today.

Ray and Susan said...

Everyone with any sense would rather be me! You have nice hot weather and you've not had the trusty steed out yet? Holy Exhaust Pipes, Batman! You are welcome for the stories. I am truly glad you are enjoying them.

Jarred dinners! Yep, it's a neat, neat idea. More info forthcoming on that. Taco Bell! I love mine Fresco Style, no matter what it is. Total Fake-Mexican Goodness.

I am glad you are reading. It feels less lonely in the blogosphere when I know you're reading.

Ray and Susan said...

Stewed tomatoes are good fresh and homemade right before you eat them. And only then.

Brother Bear said...

Maybe, but I doubt it. Why not go a little further and just make Marinara?