Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sidecars Everywhere!

We are at the United Sidecar Association National Rally from now til Sunday Morning. I, for one, have never seen so many sidecars in one place. Several people have taken pictures of my beautiful scoot and its car. So many different kinds of sidecars! As of now there are 3 Bergmans, but only mine has a Kenna car.

Tonight is a social event and then tomorrow the real events start. And so do the severe thunderstorms. The weather guys say the storms will be "torrential", which makes riding about sound like not much fun. But there are seminars tomorrow too, here at the fairground.

It is really hot here in Coeur d'Alene and our front a/c seems to have gotten tired of trying to cool things off. We're running fans and the rear a/c, which is trying to keep up with the heat. We "cheated" and took the truck on some errands and went out to Jimmy John's for supper, as Ray REALLY did not want to stand over a hot grill cooking burgers. We felt much cooler when we got back to the motorhome.

We stayed a couple of days at Crescent Bar, on the Columbia near Ephrata, and went to Ephrata for church on Sunday. It was nice and cool in the church, unlike in our building. Then we moved on for a few days at Little Diamond Lake. Pretty hot in those places too. After the rally, we will go back to Crescent Bar until next Saturday, when we'll head for home. We had planned some rides during these 2 weeks, but agree that it's not so much fun when the temp is 92. So we may just "hang out" in the mh.

Would you believe that this county fairgrounds has free wi fi through out the camping area and it's high speed?! Our campground at Little Diamond had a connection so slow it was nearly unworkable. I wish everywhere had high speed. I'd even pay for it.

Poor Norman is afraid of thunder and so I think he will have a rough night and day tomorrow during the storms. In the mh, he hides under the end of the bed or between the wall and the bed. Poor dog.

15 comments:

Brother Bear said...

A posting! Wonders never cease.

Wow, it sounds like you have taken your entire fleet to the Sidecar Rally. How does one get five vehicles from Seattle to CDA all at one time. Must have been lots of towing going on. It's really nice that you are out stimulating the economy.

I thought CDA was a nice place to be not hot like you describe. And thunderstorms, piffle, no big deal. A good mid-westerners you should shrug thunderstorms off like yesterday's newspaper. Norm, poor guy, doesn't know any better and you should help him with that.

Well, you have fun with the rest of the rest of the off kilter three-wheeled folks driving, um towing, your oxymoron vehicle. It's neither a motorcycle nor a car, it's a sidecar/scooter rig-a-ma-gig. Didn't the sidecar's popularity end in 1932 when Harley started producing the Trike?

Ray and Susan said...

Nope, sidecar are still popular, as you would see if you were here. Not nice thunderstorms, either. We felt sorry for the tenting crowd.

I did not tow my rig, I RODE it here.
And yes, side cars are not very sensible, engineering-wise but that makes them fun.

Unknown said...

I miss Jimmy Johns!

Brother Bear said...

You rode?!
how did you do that when you've got Ray's truck, his bike, your rig-a-ma-gig and the Motorhome all at this event?

Something doesn't add up.

Ray and Susan said...

. I rode my bike. Ray's bike went in the truck bed. Truck got attached to Motorhome. Ray drove the motorhome, thus towing the truck AND the cycle. See? it's easy.

Jim: I bet you do, and I bet there is no place like it in Manila! Ray does not eat there nearly as often as he did when you were here. He misses his lunch buddy.

Brother Bear said...

WOW! You guys are living like Rock Stars!

Ray and Susan said...

Why, yes we are!

Weena Barie said...

Really??? No posts since July something or other? What am i to read now?? :)

Brother Bear said...

Yeah, what do we read now?!!

Brother Bear said...

What sound does a lonely reader make when there is a vacuum of of words upon the blog? I doubt you know, but I do.

Brother Bear said...

Yawn!

Brother Bear said...

Sidecars Nowhere! Nothing Anywhere! Write darn you write!

Brother Bear said...

90 days and no news. How sad.

Brother Bear said...

120 Days with no new posting. Talk about dry. This blog is a desert.

Brother Bear said...

Really? I mean REALLY?!
YAWN.