Well, two more work days.
Susan reports the packing by the Relief Society ladies went well and quickly. But not as quickly as the furniture loading. About a dozen brethren showed up and within about 20 minutes all the furniture was sitting just outside the POD waiting to be loaded. Proves the saying many hands make light work. Four of them stayed and with Justin and me, we got the POD loaded in little over an hour. I was amazed and humbled at all the men that were willing to give up a holiday morning to help me. I extend an immense thank you to all of them.
The POD was pickup yesterday and is safely in the warehouse now (I assume). The house looks very empty. Mary completed the cleaning last night; she is wonderful and the place sparkles. Today the carpet cleaners come. The MoHo is in the driveway and waiting for the final load out. I hope there is room for the stuff we think we’ll need. I do expect to jettison some stuff we find we don’t really need when we get to Tucson.
Last night we had a wonderful time with Betty and Ron (my sister and her husband) and Justin having pizza at Sorelli’s before they continued their trip. Sorelli has the best pizza. We won’t be having any more for a while. Sure going to miss it.
The stress is going down. It is really happening.
I’ve arranged to turn in my security badge, building pass, cell phone and various other stuff, that will happen on Friday, my last day of work. No more paid holidays, but then every day is a paid day off now, though at a much-reduced rate. I think I am going to love it.
3 comments:
Fear not Brother, the best pizza is in Chicago. We'll fill you up on Pizza and Italian Beef before you depart for points Southwest.
You do have the best Italian Beef but for non-deep dish, Sorelli’s is very hard to beat. But we will entertain any of your offerings to change our minds.
Heresy though it may be My preference is thin crust and we will win the day over some west coast pizza joint.
Post a Comment