Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Getting near the wire

17 DAYS to retirement, getting close. With Jason and Lauren needing to be out of their house by the 31st we had to move up our exodus from the house by more than a week. That put a lot more pressure on us. Mostly on Susan, as I have to go to “work” every day. Everything needs to be done by the 26th as that is when the POD is getting packed. I hope it all fits. If not I don’t know what we’ll do. We’ll figure something out if we need to. We do have a category of “store if there’s room” else it goes to DI. I am so grateful to Ward members that will help us with the packing and heavy lifting. This Saturday we’ll clear out our storage locker. Justin is going to help us with that. I really appreciate my boys and the help they have been in this endeavor. We were getting a pile of stuff we intended to go in the MoHo and it was getting pretty big. It was starting to worry me that it would not all fit. So last Saturday we brought the MoHo to the house and loaded it. Yes, it did fit, with a little room left over. We still have the food and clothes to go in, but overall I think things will be ok. I figure next winter after about 5 months of travelling we’ll know what we did and didn’t need. That will make next year’s trip even better. We are so looking forward to this odyssey. However, right now it is frazzling and more than a little stressful.

2 comments:

Brother Bear said...

Glorious, just glorious. What a blessing to everything worked and to be so close to embarking on your grand journey. Congratulations!

Ray and Susan said...

Thanks, it will be an odyssey