Friday, July 25, 2008

Always Plotting

We're plotting our next multi-day assault on the highways of the Pacific Northwest. We'll be going from Sea to Mountains over some very squiggly roads and it should be fun.


So far, we know we're going to end up in Seaside, Oregon the first night. We'll have dinner at McKeown's or Bigfoot Pub and Grub and breakfast at Herb's Burgers and Beer. No, we won't be having burgers and beer for breakfast.


It's Bend, Oregon for the second day....now, don't you wish you were going too?


And Pendleton, Oregon for the 3rd day. Sheep! Wool! Shopping! This will be the squiggliest day.


Home again the 4th day....freeways, rush hour, scary!


I'd like to take the computer this time, see how daily updates are compared to a 3 day recap. I'm sure there's so much more I'd have to say if I do it a day at a time rather than in a giant chunk.


I suppose there is the remote possibility you do not particularly want me to say more....if so, skim.
Here's a bonus pic of Diablo Lake from our last ride.

Yes, it IS that color!

2 comments:

TJ said...

Are you trying to prepare yourself for a road trip to Chicago this year? 2000+ miles on a bike sounds like a rough way to spend a week. ... But I'm not crazy like you. :)

Ray and Susan said...

Yes, TJ, we are doing just that. I hope it works. Our rumps sure got numb and then sore last time. Could be our desk-chair trained rumps just aren't up for the challenge.

You're as crazy as we are, just in a different way. I think you're nuts to go round draggin' your knees on every curve. ;-)