Friday, September 5, 2008

Aaaaaahhhhh!

The garage feels right again. The hole is filled and Wrex is home.

However, Wrex is still ailing and not braking right. The Motorcycle Doctor is ordering a master cylinder on Monday. He suspected when he finished with the brake line that there was a further problem. Wrex brakes, but not like he should. The power that's supposed to be in the front brake isn't. I think it's weaker than the rear brake. Not terrible dangerous as long as I keep to the speed limits and don't go tailgating, but I don't think I'll do much out of town, highway type riding until the brake is fixed once and for all.

We also noticed that the right rear tire is wearing lots faster than the left rear tire. Jason checked some bolts and found them loose and then he made an adjustment at the suspension, so we hope that's going to fix that. He found it pulling to the right when he drove it around after fixing the brakes, and when I tested on the way home, I didn't find that happening, so perhaps tightening the bolts and adjusting the suspension fixed that.

Oddly enough, Jason does not like riding Wrex. He used the words deathtrap and terrifying, among others I will not repeat. I think he just really doesn't understand how to ride a trike. It is so different from 2 wheels. I think it's really funny that something this little old lady feels so at home on my brave young son finds "terrifying". His word, not certainly not mine.

It felt good to be riding again, really good. We stopped at Kidd Valley for burgers on the way home and when I came out, a man was waiting to talk to me about Wrex. He wanted to know everything! That's the usual Wrex Reaction and it's kinda fun as long as you're not headed toward the potties.

Wrex is badly in need of a good cleaning and polishing. I didn't realize he was so grimy when I handed him over and he spent at least one night out in the rain, which didn't clean him off any, just added to the mire. Poor Wrex!

Ray's working on making a set of heat shields for Silver. He's got the right side one done and it looks really good. As long as it helps to keep his pants from burning up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Broke Brakes Wrex. Hmm, sounds like a movie title.

Ray and Susan said...

Not one I want to see!!!