Saturday, November 1, 2008

Heartless Partless Parts People

The word currently is that the master brake cylinder for Morphous Wrex has been officialy back ordered.

In other words, tough luck sucker, you may never get your part.

Heartless. Unbeliveable. Intolerable.

As 2008 is the last year for the Morphous model to be imported (I honestly don't know whether they will still sell them in Japan) I don't know if I will ever see that darned brake cylinder. Isn't there some law that requires manufacturers to keep parts flowing for a certain number of years? There ought to be!

So, the next line of defense against ridelessness is to look on E-Bay. We do know there's a guy out there parting one out. He met up with a tree. Hopefully, the right hand mbc didn't get introduced too closely to said immovable object.

But the rain has settled in, yesterday being Halloween and so the warm rainy season start date arrived and with it the requisite rain. Warm rain season does not last long around here and before you know it, it's cold rain season, with black ice and snow and colder temps than I like to ride in. Of course, I like temps above 60. Ok, so I'm a weenie. I'll probably never be an IronMom.

3 comments:

TJ said...

What is the bar diameter of your handlebars? If it's 1" you can find a gazillion different options for MBCs in a Harley aftermarket catalog.

Why isn't this covered under warranty?

Ray and Susan said...

Our next step if we can't find a Morphous one, we'll look for a 3rd party one with an adjustable lever for my little hands.

It isn't covered under warranty because the warranty is long expired.

Anonymous said...

TJ is right, go aftermarket.