Today I had to bid good-bye to Wrex and say hello to Mr. Burgman.
It is so sad to say ta-ta to the Wrex. I actually do get teary about leaving him behind, all alone in a lot full of zip-splat riding tire-kickers. I hope he understands he's just too small in the engine department and when it comes to sidecars, trikes and most especially mountains, size matters. He got one last bath before he left home, so he sparkled and gleamed as he should. Wrex and I had a private coversation before I abandoned him to go sign reams of papers to buy his replacement.
I surely hope you find a loving home soon, Wrex, some place where you'll be garaged and pampered and loved as much as you were loved here. Poor Wrex. So small and alone with all those muscley Hayabusas. I truly loved you, Wrex, and bid you a fond farewell. I'm suprised how much it hurts to part with you. I loved you at first sit. You were the perfect fit and O, how I loved your bodywork! If it wasn't for the state of Washington, you'd still be happy in your garage here at home. Know that I do not give you up lightly.
Hello, Mr. Burgman. You are even shinier than Wrex and ever so zippy. I gotta say, you sound less like a motorcycle than Wrex did. Just wheeeeeeeEEEEEMMMmmmm and you pass me by with nary a Vroom. You've got lots of bells and whistles and I can even sort of shift gears, depending on how many buttons I want to push, which you will find is mostly none. Your 650 cc engine seems so big after putting around with Wrex. Just from watching Ray ride you, I can see that you will eat up the miles and laugh at mountains or at least not gasp and wheeze. You are much better suited to the kind of riding we want to do, which much to our surprise turned out to be more than riding to dinner and putting around town. I don't suppose you will get such good gas mileage as my Wrex did, but you will also go much faster much sooner and there is always a price to be paid. Wrex waited a long time for someone to buy him and love him and I think you did too. I know I'll learn to love you, Mr. Burgman, when you get your third wheel and I can ride too. Be patient and soon we'll be out on the road together. I promise to take very good care of you and give you a nice garage. And I hope we're blissfully happy together for a long, long, long time.
I cried when the motorhome drove away with it's new owner and I cried to leave Wrex behind. Sometimes I still miss that ol' motorhome and I suppose I'll always miss Wrex too.
Hail and farewell. Endings and beginnings. Life moves on and the only constant is change. This is a welcome change, but a tough change too.
And we'll have to change the title of the blog when Mr. Burgman has a name.
11 comments:
Moving forward while looking backwards is always hard. Look ahead! You have much to look forward to.
Yoshimura makes a replacement exhaust system so Mr. Burgman can find his voice. Mr. Burgman? Hmmm, Lenny! That's right, Lenny Burgman. Seeing as how Wrex had no muscles and Lenny does you could call him Pecs. Better yet you can go from Wrex to Pex!
I know about the Yoshimura exhaust. It doesn't give any more power, it just makes more noise. And one must pay largish dollars for it and I'm just about skint paying for stuff already. Maybe next year or the year after that.
Pex? No, I don't think so.
Who is Lenny Burgman?
And don't forget Mr. Burgman will have a sidecar. Right now the only things I've come up with are "Burger and a Shake" and "The Burgomeister". But that can change if someone comes up with a really good name.
Don't like Lenny "Pex" Burgman eh? How about "SideFx"?
Don't much care for Pex anyway. SideFX is kina funny, though.
Perhaps I'll sell off Naming Rights!
How about Buger and a Side?
Burger & a Shake or Side is cute, but too long. Think "Wrex" and try again.
Baas?
Not visual enough.
Ray says he'll buy a Burgman and then we can have a Burger straight up and one on the side. Groan.
Now that's the answer!
This is huge!!! Wow. Amazing. So off to Chicago this summer, huh?
Not this summer! We spent all our traveling money on Mr. Burgman and his sidecar.
So it will have to wait til next year, or beyond, depending on how fast we can save money.
Post a Comment