Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oops! Ray Goes Splat!

Poor Ray was on his way home yesterday and had an unplanned dismount.

He's ok, although when he arrived home he had a sore shoulder and a huge lump on a leg and he was pretty mad. His bike is some banged up. Right now he's on his way to the Two-Hundred Dollar Store so they can look at what all they have to fix and order and to have it checked out, to make sure nothing mechanical got twisted up.

He went to the doctor this am and got the lump on his leg looked at. The opinion is that he broke a blood vessel deep down and it will probably bruise up one day soon.

His armored pants got a little scorched in the same area he got the lump, so he thinks he hit the block when he went down.

But I Thank God that he had on a full set of gear, or it might have been alot worse.

I'll let him tell you about the accident and the cost of repairs.

3 comments:

the VA Hills said...

Grandpa Ray-
I hope you get better soon! I'm glad you weren't hurt very badly.

I wish I could ride in the sidecar some time. It sounds really cool!
Love, William

Brother Bear said...

Just couldn't let Sue have all the attention, eh Ray? Sue has a nice sidecar you can ride in.

Glad you're not badly hurt Brother, but oh man. How's the bike?

1600 Kaw said...

Any bike mishap that you can walk (limp) away form is minor. Hope the bike fairs OK too.