Thursday, November 26, 2009

Feeling Thankful

I hope everyone has had time on this busy day to actually think about thankfulness and what you are thankful for in your lives. Too soon we'll all be plunged into the whirlpool of the Holidays and we'll be most thankful for our nice beds at the end of frazzled days.

So it's good we have official Thanksgiving before that, to center us and remind us to take stock of all we have been blessed with.

I can honestly say I'm thankful for all my friends and correspondents, whether I have met you face to face or only by e-mail. (Hi Syl, Laurel and Ruthie! You make me smile.)

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband and sons. I'm grateful to the people my sons have in their lives who encourage and lift them. I love you!

I'm thankful for Ray's continued gainful employment, whereby I am allowed to stay home and hone my genealogy skills.

I'm thankful for everyone who reads this blog whether they ever leave a comment or not.

I'm thankful for the soldiers and sailors who protect our country and do dangerous and difficult work for us. I am thankful for the founders of our nation and for those who left England in tiny ships to brave settling the shores of terra incognita.

I'm grateful for Mr. Burgman and his sidecar and for Norman who loves to ride in it. I'm grateful that Ray has stuck by me and encouraged me to ride through broken legs and ptsd. And literally through thick and thin over the years.

I'm thankful that I live in this country and not some other. I've been to others and this is the best I have experienced. We don't, as Americans, do everything right and our type of democracy is perhaps not suited to other countries and cultures, but it's ours and I and thankful for it.

I'm thankful for Washington Family and for the increase in numbers we have had. Hello, Trillian Mira, Happy First Thanksgiving from your great-auntie Susie! I'm thankful for the family that's allowed us to share so much of their lives. You know who you are! I love you!

I'm thankful for a stout roof over our heads and walls that keep out the storms, for my beloved minivan and for this year's astounding tomato crop.

I'm grateful for my Church, it's the foundation of our lives and the cornerstone of my life.

May God bless you, your families, our military, our leaders and our President. And me too.

4 comments:

triciarnorton said...

We are thankful for you PU3.
love trish and derek, libby and sarah!

Ray and Susan said...

Awwww!

Brother Bear said...

Nice to know that you are at least thankful that I read your blog. Sorry I'm late in responding, but as you know we've been a bit preoccupied.

Weena Barie said...

I am glad that you had a nice, restful Thanksgiving, Sue! Unfortunately, there is no such thing for restful and relaxing for me right now...not at Thanksgiving, not now, not likely at Christmas....probably never! We had an extremely busy week, with Thanksgiving, the Flanders, and Muzzies party. Would like to crash, but just can't fit it into my busy schedule, so too bad for me! Missed you and wish you could have been a part of it all.