Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Still Waiting

We're still waiting for a decent motorcycle day. None has arrived to bless our motorcycles in the last week.

Last night we had chunky rain on the way home from Monday Night Dinner At Taco Bell. It snowed 12 inches up in Stevens Pass and 6 at Snoqualmie. Good grief! Looks like Spring may be a no-show.

It would not be the first time. In fact, since we've lived here, we've missed entire summers from time to time. It just never warms up some years and we go straight from extended spring to extended fall.

Even if it stays nasty, we'll have a chance to warm up in the MidWorst this summer. And then I'll complain about the horrid humidity and heat, you know I will.

This year Evergreen Safety Foundation is offering one advanced trike/sidecar class. (first time ever) I wish I could go, but the cost on top of the cost of the upcoming Trek is prohibitive. Every penny we spend now we won't have for the trip expenses. I hear in Oregon the advanced classes are sometimes cancelled due to lack of students! Hard to believe people don't want advanced training. I want it, can't afford it. Maybe that's the case all around?

I'm still trying to figure out how to keep Norman's dog bed dry in the rain. And drive fast doesn't necessarily work. And I hope I can get in some riding practice before we leave on the trip. I hate to ride in the cold and wet!

11 comments:

Brother Bear said...

According to NOAA in August/September the mountains will be hotter and drier than normal. The plains will be at normal temps but wetter than normal. Wisconsin & Illinois will be at the norms.

For right now I wish it would just do Spring and stop the mad swings from hot to cold and back again.

Anonymous said...

And according to local legend, when visitors come calling from across the great continental divide, the clouds part and brilliant sunshine leads you to your destination. The alternative is to bike to Hawaii.
Boobert

Weena Barie said...

Warm, dry weather...a motorcyclists dream! Wish it would happen here. Jeff has been out several times, but it's been too cold for my arthritic hands! Whine, whine, whine.

Marciamellow said...

We've been having the same weather here in MN that they are having in IL....it's been a beautiful April, but hardly any rain so I wonder if May will be wet and cold?? It was 78 yesterday, today it's 55 and very windy, and it's supposed to snow on Saturday. Gotta love the MN spring :)

Brother Bear said...

The weather here today is lovely and many bike are out, but alas not mine. Some day.

Ray and Susan said...

I saw no bikes today while I was out and about. I was sort of suprised, but then it was barely 50 degrees at 10:30, so I suppose everybody thought it was too cold too. But it is warming up nicely and we may ride a bit tonight.

Ray and Susan said...

Hawaii! I'd love to go to Hawaii.

Brother Bear said...

You lived in Hawaii, stop hogging it all for yourself!

Weena Barie said...

Hummmm....several days and no posting on the blog from Susan....Sue...where are you??? I am missing my "Rains all the time" fix!

Brother Bear said...

I concur. Author, Author!

Ray and Susan said...

You guys!