Thursday, July 15, 2010

Whidbey Ride

Here's a few pics from our weekend ride up Whidbey Island to Anacortes. We finally got on the road at 11 and crossed over to Whidbey about 12:30 and headed north. Took a couple of side roads over by the Keystone ferry landing and Fort Casey state park then on up to Anacortes. We stopped in Oak Harbor for lunch. The Philippine restaurant was closed again. I think we will give up on it. Three times it's been closed. I am not sure it is a going concern. The weather was gorgeous in high 60s and sunny, which made for a cool ride. When we were close to the water it got down to the very low 60s. Sue had to stop for hot chocolate on the way back about 6.

We rode around Washington Park in Anacortes. Its a beautiful place but the loop road is very narrow. At the look out we took these pictures. The panorama was created by a free program I found. The program is made by Microsoft and can be downloaded from the web. It's called Microsoft Image Composite Editor or Microsoft ICE. It takes a group of photos and figures out how they fit together. Its really cool and fast.






We're planning to do a training ride Saturday to the dry side now the hot side. 330 miles on I90 and back. 165 out and 165 back. It should help us be ready for the long hot ones in the mid worst. I hope the construction isn't too bad. I do know they are doing some work just east of the Snoqualmie Pass. Maybe you'll see some results of the ride next week. But don't hold your breath.

5 comments:

Brother Bear said...

It's about time! Thank you!

Brother Bear said...

Well Ray I see you've taken over the blog and what a pleasure it is! It's very nice to have a new posting.

So did Norm go on this trip? How about the next ride? Too hot for Norm?

Yes, the photo thing is very cool and thanks for the info on it.

Ray and Susan said...

No I haven't taken over the blog. Just made a posting. Norm didn't go on the ride. We didn't make the Saturday ride. To many other things to do. I do plan on doing a little riding today.

Brother Bear said...

Too many things to do to ride. Sadly I understand that. Too bad for both of us!

Brother Bear said...

Good thing it Rains All The Time, because there sure has been a drought of words.