The basics are I am riding a 05 Moto Guzzi Nevada 750 and Susan is riding her 09 Suzuki Burgman that has a Kenna sidecar attached. Yes, she rides her own. The sidecar has solved many of the questions of “do we have room to take this? “
The bikes are all ready to go and we think we have the necessary accessories to make the trip enjoyable but we’re getting down to the wire on getting the house ready for the house sitters and various other things. So in a great tradition of “I need time to get ready for vacation” I took Friday off work to help Susan get the last minute things done. I should get lots of husbanding points for that.
We depart on Tuesday, August 17 in the evening and go just far enough to get past the Seattle traffic mess. The real trip will start on Wednesday when we head east on I90 and then I94 to Dickinson, North Dakota, to visit a niece. From there we get off the interstate and go through South Dakota and into Minnesota to Hasting to visit one of Susan’s sisters. Then we follow the Mississippi River on the Wisconsin side for a while and then on east to Elgin, Illinois, where will spend a couple of weeks visiting my brother and Susan’s other siblings. After that, we head back. While we have laid out a route, we are not tying ourselves to it. We’ve already talked of some alternate stops and detours.
Susan's ride. Dauntless Motors is the place that manufactures and installs the Kenna sidecar that's on her bike.'

My ride is a little more traditional.
6 comments:
I am not the least jealous.
I am TOTALLY jealous, but also really looking forward to your visit with us! Can't wait. See you soon. :)
Wishing you all the best on your trip!!
Mariah heard someone talking about a motorcycle the other day and had to interject: "Gramma Susie drive Mommy in her SIDE CAR!" They weren't very impressed, but apparently Mariah was...
Love you both! Ride safely!
Finally the Grand Tour begins. It will be very nice for you to be underway and racking up miles. I'm looking forward to all the road stories.
So...you said to check the blog about your progress...here I am...nothing about your progress?? Where are you, anyway? Hope you left yesteray as planned and that everything is ok. :)
Jim: Ha. I know you are jealous!
Weena: You SHOULD be jealous and I'm glad you are looking forward to seeing us, because i'm sure you're going to. Check again. There's an update now. We had no internet last night!
Keri: I'm happy that the sidecar ride you took is one of Mariah's memories of your trip to WA!
Bro Bear: Yep, it begins. The road stories begin today too...
Post a Comment