This was the Granddaddy of Thunder. Or maybe it was Thor himself.
The whole house bowed down under the pressure wave of that Thunder. The house shook, things rattled all over the place and the windows creaked. It was also the longest lasting Thunder I have ever heard. I thought it would never end. Some people thought it was an earthquake or a plane crash in their back yard. It was that loud.
Poor old Norman shot down the stairs like the Hounds of Hell were riding in that Thunder, to take refuge in his safe place far under Ray's desk in the basement. He didn't come up until about an hour later and would not set foot outside until 2 in the afternoon.
Ah, winter in the Northwest!
13 comments:
I recall telling you of the Washington University report about 5 years ago that the region had begun a 75 year cycle of bad weather and you brushed me off. What about now?
Gosh, is it still Thunderating? It's been over a month! Surely it's stopped Thunderating.
Here I am again all alone on Sue & Ray's blog posting a comment that will go unread and unanswered just like the two before it.
When will the drought end?! Are you hibernating? Why have you abandoned your blog?!
Thunderation?! You don't know Jack. We just had ThunderSnow! Beat that!
Oh good grief, the Packers won the Super Bowl.
Well I'm here again, alone. Talking to myself. Snowed again yesterday. Winter sucks. Raining again today in Seattle, but that's not news. No news here either.
It was 48 degrees yesterday. The thaw begins! Spring is coming.
WOW! 57 Degrees yesterday. I know that Winter will come back one day soon and smack us in the head, but for now I'm enjoying the sunshine and 47 degree temps today.
Motorcyclists in the slush and the salt and the goo. You're pushing your luck. It's not Spring yet here! Keep your bikes in the garage.
It's not spring yet anywhere!
I thought it was supposed to be like Spring year around in the Great Northworst. What happened?
Ah, here I am, alone again, talking to no one. When you type in cyberspace and no one reads it, did you really write it?
Well it's March in the Great Midbest and the weather cannot decide if it's still Winter or can it be Spring. Snow one day and 45 degrees the next followed by freezing rain.
Send Spring....PLEASE!
Post a Comment