The crocuses are sprouting, and the dreaded weeds. Darn weeds. (mutter, mutter)
The grass is growing. Mostly where I don't want it. (mutter, mutter)
The magnolia tree catkins are swelling and getting fuzzy.
The daffodils are leafing out.
The snow fountain cherry tree is covered with fat buds, as are the rhodies and the lilac bushes.
One of the hellebores is blooming!!
When the sun comes out, you can feel its warmth. It was almost warm this afternoon. Well, not freezing, anyway.
The sun comes up more southerly and goes higher in the sky, and sets more northerly.
But most of all, at quarter to 6, the sun was still up!!! Another month or so and we'll be light until 10:30 or so. Nice.
These things bring the promise of riding weather, if only far in the future. There's still plenty of rain, some passes are still closed and it's still quite chilly for riding, (mutter, mutter) unless one has heated clothing, gloves and sox. (mutter, mutter)
So for now, I read about the Mariners' one glorious post-season and plot motorcycle trips.
Oh, we joined the Patriot Guard.
13 comments:
I am so pleased to be able to read a new posting! Very much like the crocuses you describe you too are emerging from your winter's tomb. Welcome back.
Joined the Patriot Guard did you? Good for you. I have a number of friends who belong. It's a very worthy cause. Big Pink will have to go Red, White & Blue.
Pink, red, white and blue.
50 degrees here today, but dumping rain in a real frog-strangler.
And up in Darrington, they've still got snow and an 18 foot tall snowman.
So tired of Winter. Ugh.
Spring is trying to elbow it's way in, but Winter doesn't give up easily.
Starting tomorrow it will be mid 30s to mid 40s well into next week.
Can't decide if I want to sell the bike.
Done any Patriot Guard rides?
ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
What does the Patriot Guard do? Sounds like there could be some very fun events to be a part of.
Oh, how I miss you and my mum's gardens when the first flowers start to break ground. Always exciting to me! :)
Josh and I found a new apt! We sign the papers, and get the keys, Friday morning. Much nicer neighborhood and half the distance to work! I could walk and it wouldn't take me two hours to get there. lol
Miss ya!
~leanne
Hey Leann! What? Leaving the ghetto? The quality of the place will drop when u move out.
Still plenty of winter left yet. It has been a long winter.
I am sick again.
Here's my sign... 67 tomorrow and 79 Sunday. Bring it on!
April 18th and we wake up to snow! I'm so done with winter and I so wish it were done with us.
Nothing to see here..... move along.... Seattle is closed until further notice as they are all hiding from the weather.
Another very "Seattle" week here. It's been raining all the time.
No Signs. No Portents. Just an empty blog page. How sad. It's been 60 days since the last posting by our host and we are drifting in this arid nothingness.
Post a Comment