Hopefully, shortly after that, we'll be leaving the no-longer-ours driveway for the beckoning blue highways. But in 340 days Ray will be a free man, a retiree, an Official Old Guy with a Social Security check and a pension! Since I have opted to become an Official Old Lady already, it will be good to have him catch up to me.
340 days is not long to clear out the accumulation of more than 20 years. Our motorhome is not that big and cannot carry that much, in comparison to a 3 bedroom house. What to do with the beloved "things" is a real problem for me. And I suspect when he gets right down to it, it will be hard for Ray too. I think you will be subject to much more agonizing on this topic over the next 340 days.
We really need to get going on the clearing out, but life has a way of messing up my plans to clear out. And then, I pick something up, look at it and decide I really do want to keep it. I get nowhere. Maybe I need a crew, like those people on that show "Hoarders". Someone to come in here and just shovel it all up into a big old dumpster and haul it away.
For example, what does one do with the suitcases? No room in the Winnie MoHo for suitcases! Since we do hope for some trips by alternate locomotion, we still need suitcases. Which suitcases to keep? Where to keep them while we are off sucking up gallons of gas daily in the overgrown Velveeta box?
What to do with Ray's beloved map collection? Yes, he has a GPS. He has 2 GPS but he argues with them over the shortest/fastest/most scenic/most curvy/most moho-friendly routes and he has a computer with internet and thus even more electronic maps and directions, plus my cell phone's Navigator, but he still prefers to consult a paper map. I must admit, they don't sass as much as the GPSes, Naggy Maggy and Grating Garmin. Paper maps just never go back the way they were. A GPS at least has a reset button, a paper map needs one. A paper map also needs a zoom feature. But still, what to do with the map collection?
I am about ready to admit I will never use the boxes and boxes of cross stitch magazines and patterns I have carefully stored over the years. I am not sure those mags are even published any more, and so may have a treasure house of cross stitch magazines! Perhaps those magazines will fund an entire tank of gas! How do I sell them? Learn how to E-Bay? Hope they sell in the next 340 days? And if they don't?
O, my. Many things to think about. Besides that eternal and daily question: what's for supper. Hmm. Ray only has to work 340 more days, but I'll be working, fixing supper my whole entire life. That sucks.
7 comments:
Ray will have his jobs about the Moho as well so let's not feel too sorry for ourselves.
Clearing out the house is indeed a daunting task and one I do not like to think about. The first thing you can do is to send me a certain chalk drawing and that will lighten your load and give you a start. Next I would invite your sons in to claim whatever they want. That will give you an idea of just what you really have to deal with.
Finally you invite all your friends and acquaintances to poke through your stuff. Then you sell or dump what's left.
We have already invited the sons to choose what they want. Problem is, they don't want anything. We're stuck with it all.
You are not getting the chalk drawing. Not until I die. And maybe not then.
I guess that you should have had better stuff if you wanted to pass it on to your sons. I'm stunned that they don't want all those cross stitch magazines!
As per the chalk drawing, I think you are being rather harsh. After all I do have its mate.
I guess we should have invested in furniture more wisely. We thought we had. Taste differs, though.
Too bad. You cannot have the chalk drawing.
Who better to have the chalk drawing than me? You don't want it anyway and by giving it to me you would be lightening your load.
I do want it. I never said I would give that away.
Gonna hang that in the Moho are you?
Post a Comment