Monday, June 16, 2014

Waiting For The Rain To Drop

We're waiting for today's thunderstorm, which is due, according to the Weather Channel, at 7:30 pm MDT. Perhaps today we will get a decent picture out of all the booming and lightening and raining. In addition to a drenching, which does not seem really needed, but who am I to say?

Exciting times in the campground today. Someone arrived with a reservation and even a site number and there's someone else in their assigned spot. So the paid in advance people are in the road, connected up to utilities by the sanitary dump. They have a little boy with them and I feel sorry for that kid. He can't play outside, because they are camping in the road at the dump station. Not that there is anywhere to play here. This is definitely a camp for people who are content with their daily dog walks. Good thing they are only here for 2 nights. I hope they have better luck in the next campground.

Laundry day rolled around again. We tried the campground-recommended laundromat this time. It was very nice, but they really like their washers and dryers. It was $3 to wash and 25 cents for 5 minutes of drying. I think I will have to use my Christmas gift Washing Machine instead of using their washers. We lost track of the money we pumped into the dryers and still brought a few damp things home to hang out and finish drying. Perhaps, the smart thing to do would be to start an indie a go go site and get my laundry crowd-funded, since here is a picture of my "Washing Machine".
My hubby is a peach for gifting me with this, isn't he? (yes, it was a joke gift, since I had a little (expensive, 15 pound) electric washer on my list)

Ray is working on programming and installing the tire pressure monitors. He bought a little plastic storage box at the Shop-Ko and put his pile of connector cables in it to neaten up his personal cupboard. I didn't need one, as my cupboard is already neat. But I did buy a travel cup that just screamed my name. Here it is:

Now, can't you hear that cup calling me? That's funny, I could.

The road crews are out today, along with the campground crews, mowing. The grass in the medians was/is even higher than the grass in the campground. It's been raining so much and the ground is so soggy, they couldn't mow. The campground has a nifty little 4 wheeler with a mower attachment that zipped around the lawn areas up by the office, but someone had to push the regular mower around between the motorhomes. Not like there's room for a 4x4 between 'em. But the camp, and the roadsides, look really nice. It's a hot, humid day and I felt bad for the guy pushing that mower.

Bob The Mechanic says he loves Norman. He was very impressed that Norman knows what to do when I say, "Lift your foot" or "pick up your foot", so I can get the leash out from between his feet. And here I thought all dogs knew that stuff. Apparently it's only the smart ones. Like Norm. (see Jason, I told you he's smart!)

Now Ray is off to buy some more 12 volt ports to install to the left of the steering wheel, so he doesn't have to have the Garmin wire draping all over. I don't know why he uses that thing. He absolutely hates the software that comes with it, and it doesn't always pick the most sensible route, especially for motorhomes. Incidentally, he calls the Garmin "The Witch". Should give you an idea how he really feels about her. Naggy Maggie is especially for motorhomes and I like Maggie better. Maggie doesn't even have software, except for what' s onboard the device. But Ray doesn't like using her. So he uses his Witch and I use Naggy Maggie. We ought to be able to get someplace! Probably lost.

The software for my Neat Reciepts refuses to fit on the laptop screen. I changed resolution, but that only made the screen 1/2 size and didn't change the fit. They want me to spend time on the phone with a tech. Sigh. Never a good sign.

Almost have all the food/spices/etc in the inventory part of the Living Cookbook. It's a load of work. I conned asked Ray into helping me inventory the freezer items but after that he wised up and finds other things to do when I mention working on the inventory. What the inventory does not tell me is which cabinet I stuff what item into. I wish it did.

Being Monday, it's Mexican Night and since the Taco Bell is miles away, and Ray wrinkles his nose when I suggest it, we'll be having Skillet Tacos and honeycrisp apples here in the motorhome. And later we'll watch the Daily Storm roll in. High times, indeed!

2 comments:

Weena Barie said...

Wow! That's alot of news and you are so descriptive, I almost feel like I'm there!

I really think we are gonna need a w and d....too expensive to do laundry and I don't want to have to be at the whim of my smelly armpits and the laundromat when I want to wear a certain shirt :)

The thing that I just don't get is why would Ray wrinkle his nose at Taco Bell????
Yummmm

Brother Bear said...

I very much like your washing machine. Ray has the right idea. Smart and Spartan. You probably need the upper body exercise anyway as all you're done it type for exercise.

Taco Bell? Really? Taco Bell? Taco Bell barely reaches the level of pretend Mexican. OTB is way better than Taco Bell.

Making tacos in the moho is an even better idea. Besides, you do have to rotate the stuff in the freezer that Ray, um, helped inventory.

Where are the pictures?