Here I am, all by myself on Labor Day. Why is that?, you ask.
It's because once again, I'm left behind while the men zoom off on their motorcycles for a nice Labor Day ride.
Yes, it's all the Motorcycle Doctor's fault. And the parts place, which inexplicably took a 3 day weekend instead of being open to hand over Wrex's replacement part on Saturday. The nerve of some Laboring people, actually taking the whole Labor Day weekend off. I do guess that IS what Labor Day is for, to honor the people who work, so they might as well have the entire weekend off, but they sure did fox up my plans for a motorcycling end to the Summer.
And around here summer-like weather is in short supply. It's been downright cold at night and twice we've had to turn on the heat to sit in the downstairs and watch tv without shivering. Nuts, I tell you! Heaters in August! We should not have to turn on the heat until late October. What happened to all the global warming?
When will the Motorcycle Doctor finally take pity on me and fix my trike? BTW, he says my trike is terrifying to ride. He's grossly mistaken, but it is a different sort of ride than a 2 wheeler. I do admit that at the moment the braking sucks, but that's only because he hasn't FIXED the brake!
2 comments:
The Doctor should have ordered and picked up the part prior to the holiday. I think I smell a plot.
I didn't get to ride either. I sacrificed myself so my Sister & Brother-in-law could be in the big 105th Harley parade. Oh well, I took one for the team.
It was a plot, I'm sure. Why did their riding in the Harley parade preclude your riding your Valkyrie?
Post a Comment