
It snowed about 4 inches overnight. Today has been a mix of rain and snow, everything from fat fluffy flakes to pelting rain and mist and teensy nearly microscopic flakes.
It begins to feel like an Eternal Story, all this snow. But the weather guessers assure us we'll be above freezing during the days for the rest of this week. I don't think we hit a freeze-free night until Monday. So the nicely melted snow will turn to ice overnight and we'll have the Great Seattle Ice Skate Commute each morning until then.
I can't imagine how long it will take the 6 inches of packed snow and ice on our street to melt.
But, it's good to report that the fancy snow chains that fit on a mini-van really do work. The last few days it's been sizeable 4-wheel drive vehicles and chained minivans out and about. Too funny. The mail can't be delivered, the UPS guys are stuck, the paper was barely published and not even delivered 2 mornings, but we're out and about in the mini-van. Soccer Mom (and Grandmom) mini-vans RULE.
One pic to show you how heavy snow makes a grove of cedar trees look like folded umbrellas.
2 comments:
I told you three years ago that you were entering a 75 year cycle of bad weather. Believe me now?
so, you finally got around to reading the blog again, did you.
Oh, 75 years? I thought you said 25 years.
Heck, I'll out live this bad weather. Gotta ride!
Post a Comment