Well, it's getting close to Christmas and here in Seattle we will have a white Christmas. As my mother said “too many people prayed for a white Christmas”. There has been snow on the ground for over a week now. For the second week in a row church meetings have been canceled. The snow is about 8 inches plus deep in the yard this morning and about 2 inches deep on our covered deck. It was a windy snow storm last night. For the first time, I put the 2 year old chains on the mini-van. I am hoping that the office will be closed tomorrow so I don't have to brave the snow. We are also expecting more snow tonight. I just looked out and it is now (1PM) snowing, large fluffy flakes. Looks like we'll get a few more inches before morning. Odds are getting better that they will close the office and I will have another day off.
Susan has been very smug the last week or so because she said she had the Christmas shopping done. Well, Friday we were wrapping presents and going down the list to be sure everyone got the right gift. Low and behold! Two people were without gifts. I guess we weren't done after all. Thank God for the Internet and Amazon. Only one more to get and that is just a gift card at a nearby store.
Over all we are having a good Holiday season. My mother is staying with us for nearly a month. She got here on the 15th and will leave on the 11th of January, assuming she doesn't freeze to death--she's from Arizona. Weather permitting, our boys and our nephew and his wife will be with us on Christmas, so it will be more than just the two of us. We are planning a turkey on the grill for dinner as usual when we have turkey. And all the usual trimmings of course. We'll have BBQ on Christmas eve. Jason will be doing his usual wonderful job of fixing wonderful BBQ. The rest of us will be waiting and drooling until it's done and Susan says we can eat.
I have been planning to do the VME (Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiast) New Year's Day ride to Neah Bay (http://www.gonorthwest.com/washington/olympic/Neah_Bay/Neah_Bay.htm). The long range forecast doesn't have us getting back to just rain until next Sunday. I don't know if just a few days of normal 40+ degree days will get rid of all this snow and ice. If Susan's trike was working I would probably take it. So the ride is currently in doubt. Actually, I don't think the ride is in doubt as there are regular participants are seldom deterred by a little inclement weather. But my participation is doubtful.
Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year to all.
4 comments:
Ray, I'm with you on the office closure situation, but if Thursday wasn't bad enough to not open the office, I'm afraid that this won't be either.
Luckily, you and Ray were both wrong, they are closed! It's nice not to have to use up the leave on a snow day. They sure are slow to close up shop, aren't they? I bet tomorrow, it's back to the grindstone. It's enough to make you wish you were back in the PI isn't it?
Ah, it is Sue's trike that is causing the problem isn't it? Buy her a new one for Christmas!
As if he can afford that! We can't even afford a sidecar for the Normster.
Post a Comment