Monday, June 2, 2014
Dangling On The Edge
It's Monday. We depart on Thursday. Yesterday we said our goodbyes at church and at a family party later in the day. It was good to catch up with everyone and have time to visit and gab. It was also Ray's birthday and Derek Norton's birthday so we had scrumptious desserts, including home made ice cream! The cake batter ice cream was fantastic, thanks to Trisha Norton. What a good time we had! Then we came home and spent a couple of hours relaxing on the deck with Justin, Jason and Lauren. While we were gone, Jason managed to get quite a lot of furniture and kitchen stuff settled, and he finally managed to get the big TV that he's babysitting for us and his sound bar to communicate. He can rattle the windows with that little sound bar. Ray admired his tv and mourned the fact that I refuse to let him put it in the motorhome to completely block the 2 windows in the "dining room". Can you imagine how mean and unreasonable he thinks I am?
Lauren and Jason have already made their mark on our house and that's fine with me. I am DONE with this house. Lauren and Jason can now take care of it. But I am going to miss the deck and the heated floor in the bathroom, and having loaded Winnie to the rafters, I can clearly see I am going to miss the huge pantry.
Coming from a preparedness standpoint, it is really weird to go from a years worth of nearly everything to one or two of anything, or in some cases, none of something. It will take some getting used to. Still, I managed to fill one compartment with food storage and freeze dried items. And we have water filtration capabilities, and even a bit of extra propane. It's not really prepped, but it's what we can do. It's time to weigh the motorhome and make sure that we're not overloaded.
Dog's been washed and tomorrow he visits the vet for his shots and traveling papers. Whew! Still lots to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Congratulations it seems are due all around. Happy Birthday, Happy House Leaving, Happy House Warming, and Norm had a bath. I doubt Norm has a full grasp on the enormity of the task he now faces. For years he has only needed to keep the resident squirrels in line, now he has the whole population of squirrels in the states that you roam. That's a big job!
Ray now only has to drive, park, hook-up, un-hook, and drive some more. Susan get's to be a passenger in this luxury land yacht, chronicling the scenery as it goes by. Once stopped and set up she will happily make sumptuous meals from the moho sized larder. Sounds to me like Susan will have the best gig in this merry band of vagabonds.
Be safe and enjoy the journey!
A little Birdie told me that this is really a week long goodbye party. Dangling on the edge, right.
This is really a week long scramble to get things stuffed in an overstuffed motorhome!
Overstuffed? How can that be, I'm not aboard yet?!
You are no longer dangling over the edge, you have jumped off and taken wing!
Best wishes in following your dreams.
Safe travels. Drive safe!! Be Safe!!
Yesterdays message on the blog was great. Now ou have interesting pictures to show us when you come thru.
Post a Comment