Susan is down with a cold/allergies and not feeling well. I got
the server setup while she suffered in bed. We can now watch all the DVD’s we
copied to it. I think it will work well. I have an app that will allow me to
control the computer from my phone or tablet. There hasn’t been much on the
satellite lately. The sun goes down so late we don’t sit down to watch until
after most of the prime time shows are over.
We got the new license plates for the MoHo and my bike the
other day. Got the plates put on the MoHo. But of course the bike will have to
wait until we get it to Tucson next fall.
We are getting used to living in a small space. Norm seems
to like the multiple walks every day and some time off leash. He ran through
the mud the other night, had to wash his paws. It’s real sticky mud here. He
doesn’t wander far from us unless he is chasing a bird. There are some small
brown and white ones that run along the ground quite fast. He hasn’t chased any
of the rabbits we’ve seen, but only because he hasn’t seen them. I am assuming
there is more than the one we saw the other night. It was real close to us in a
little clear spot in the grass. It sat there for a bit then took off through
the grass. I wondered if it had been someone pet that got lose or was let lose.
Here are some pictures of the little brown bird and Norman
I have an appointment next week to install the steering
stabilizer, have the sway bars adjusted and an alignment done. We have a lot
of driving to do this summer and next so I want to make it is as easy and safe as
possible to drive.
Not much exciting happening here so not much of an update. Tomorrow marks the third week of retirement. I will probably quit counting pretty soon. It has been 25 years since I retired from the Navy. Hard to believe. The time sure has gone somewhere.
More to follow sometime.




6 comments:
Looks like a Sandpiper and Norm stalking a Sandpiper. :-)
I'm so confused about Sue being sick. You guys are retired and living in a stress-less environment. There's just no good reason for Sue to be sick. She hasn't eaten any Sushi, which she thinks would make her sick if she came within a block of, so what's left? I think it must be a case of Early Age Retirement Slackerism, or EARS. You ask Susan if she has EARS and I'll bet you she agrees that she does!
Be very careful as EARS is latent in almost everyone. If you find the Bunnies are chasing Norm, you are in a Quarantine situation. The only known cure is a hearty application of WORK. Yes, I know that can be painful, but it won't hurt for long unless it's a deeply imbedded case of EARS, which I suspect Sue has, in which case she may need a year-long application of WORK to completely recover from EARS. Good Luck With That!
Hi Ray! Enjoying your blog and living vicariously through you while in cubicle land here at SSA!
S. Winker
Brother. It's called virus. You don't have to be gainfully employed to get a virus. You just have to stroll by one and they leap on you and make you sick. I don't have EARS and you won't catch me working again! I'm retired!!!
And where would sandpipers come from? They like water. We only have water when it rains.
Boo about Sissy being sick, that makes me sad....no sickness during The Big Adventure! Norm looks like he is having fun....watch him off leash....those bunnies are pretty tempting I'd imagine! :-)
But Dear Sister, you are being contradictory. You say you don't have EARS and in the same breath you say I'll not catch you working again. I think that this proves that you do have EARS.
Nonetheless, I think you should put up a sign declaring the moho is a Virus Free Zone. You know, Virus in a circle with a diagonal line through it. It ought to work at least as well as the Bomb and Gun Free Zone signs.
As for the bird, maybe it's a Killdeer.
There is a decided lack of news on this blog. Eleven days since any update, you could be in New York by now. What's going on?!
Post a Comment