Beautiful clear blue skies, warm sun, bit of a cool breeze, no humidity to speak of, and the road called to us.
As soon as we could, we fired up the bikes and went for a ride. oooo, my rear needs seat training all over again. I had to stop at midway point and let some air out of the air seat. It was fine the last time I rode, but not yesterday. You'd think all the sitting I did over the winter would have helped to "harden" my buns to the scooter seat, but no.
We just went an hour north and then turned around and went an hour south. No big deal, but it was fun and it felt good to be out there again. We did some practice in the park n ride before we took off. My new brake cylinder works fine. I love my wheels.
Amazingly enough, no cage drivers did anything stupid in our vicinity and the only idiots we saw were zip-splat riders riding in an extremely zip-splat fashion. No accidents that we laid eyes on though. As usual Big Pink and her wierd ride attracted a fair number of lookie-lou's, We make a stir wherever we go. The thing that continues to suprise me is that the bikers who look most hard core are the ones who seem to "get" my wheels the most.
There were rare riders who waved or acknowledged the presence of another rider in any way. Last year, it seemed like most everyone waved, even sometimes the zip-splat riders. Yesterday nearly everyone was feeling fairly unfriendly, or something. I wave at them all anyhow, if I see them soon enough and I'm not "busy" with riding. I didn't see any women riders, although I saw several female passengers. Saw one young couple on a 650 Burgman, very nice ride.
Today is another glorious day, it will reach low 70s. Tomorrow will be in the high 60s. We'll ride to supper tonight and I plan to ride to the Family History Center to work tomorrow morning.
And on Wednesday, cold and wet comes back for a week or so.
4 comments:
Wish we had some of that warm sunshine around here! We have had flurries the past week and today, it's on 32 degrees. It sucks; I haven't even been out on the bike at all yet (whine, whine, whine. Maybe soon. What's up with the bikers not waving?? Never heard of such a thing!
Ha! So much for your weather! It's glorious here today, but cold this am, only 43. I wanted to ride to work, but golly, that's cold.
Yeah, I'm a wimp.
I don't know what's up with the bikers this year. Maybe all newbies and they don't know?
Well congratulations on your ride, sore though it may have been. No riding for me until I ride to the dealer to get the new tires on. It's 48 degrees right now. That's biking weather!
48 degrees is freezing weather, unless the sun is really out.
It was about 48 this morning when I left, but the sun was shining gloriously.
For some odd reason it seemed cooler on the ride home, although the temperature was actually higher. I wonder if it was the wind speed?
Post a Comment